[icecast] Winamp icecast streaming broken?

Ryan Underwood nemesis-lists at icequake.net
Tue Jan 21 00:46:39 UTC 2003

> > So the winamp client suffers from interruptions constantly.  xmms and Sonique
> > latest versions work fine against the same servers.
>
> This is in fact a simptom of your second problem.  the data is being played
> in half the time that it's being sent, hence the rebuffering.
>
> > Also, Winamp seems to play the stream too fast, actually at about 2x the
> > normal speed.  Is this a known problem?
>
> New one on me.  Got a URL for the stream so we can all check it out?

Here is the live stream:
http://aurora.icequake.net:8000/live
(it will probably be silent, but you can connect and see the symptom regardless)

Also, if you go to
http://aurora.icequake.net:8888
and select any ogg files from there, they stream incorrectly in winamp. (same
halt/buffer/restart)

Thanks!

--
Ryan Underwood, <nemesis at icequake.net>, icq=10317253