[icecast] icecast 1.3 or 2 ???

Kerry Cox kerry.cox at ksl.com
Sat Jan 11 19:38:29 UTC 2003

> You can get an October 10 alpha release from www.xiph.org/~msmith/ or you
> can get the latest code from the xiph.org CVS repository (visit
> http://www.xiph.org/cvs.html (module icecast).  documentation is almost
> non-existant for icecast2 so if you hit any trouble, ask here.
>
> Geoff.

This is true. There is no solid documentation for icecast2, yet.
However, there are some useful docs at the following URL:
  http://www.6809.org.uk/kja3/ices2-howto.shtml
Also, I have made some of my own docs for use at my work at this URL:
  http://quasi.ksl.com/icecast/
I would be happy to take any requests for improvements to my own docs.
What I have details setup of both icecast1 and icecast2 and streaming in
both MP3 and Ogg formats.
Hope this helps someone.
KJ