[icecast] Couldn't Open Pipe to Program

M Edwards medwards at ualberta.ca
Fri Feb 21 01:14:12 UTC 2003

[2003-02-20 15:24:05] EROR playlist-script/playlist_script_get_filename
Couldn't open pipe to program "/usr/local/icecast2/ices-ad.pm" Segmentation
fault

I'm running a perl script that apparently (rarely) kills ices for this reason.
The error occurs approximately once per day for no apparent reason. For the
rest of that period the script runs fine. In fact, after some investigation, I
can immediately restart ices with no problem.

As I love stability I want to figure out what causes this error so that I can
leave ices up and running for an extended period without worry. So, what
exactly would cause this kind of error?

--thanks
Michael Edwards
http://www.walledcity.ca/