[icecast] ices live streaming problems?

Bryan Koschmann - GKT gktnews at gktech.net
Wed Feb 12 20:55:48 UTC 2003

Hi,

I worked all last night trying to get this thing going. Followed the
instructions for setting up icecast2 and ices2, have my config file all
set. I startup ices, and it seems to connect (icecast logs show source
connected) but when I try to hit the server with xmms, it just keeps
pre-buffering, like it will pre-buffer 100%, then instead of just playing,
it will just start pre-buffering again. I never do get any sound. I'm
simply trying to use a microphone as input right now.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

        Bryan