[icecast] New YP listing code in icecast2
oddsock at oddsock.org
Sun Feb 2 06:43:57 PST 2003
I have just committed this code to CVS, and here is more information about
it for those interested :
- the spec that I went off of for the protocol can be found here ->
- since icecast2 now needs to potentially connect out to yp servers for
communication, libcurl has been added as a dependency...I used curl 7.9.8...
- I also have currently implemented a yp server running at
http://www.oddsock.org/cgi-bin/yp-cgi. This follows the protocol I defined
above (as far as I know at least). and the default icecast.xml that is in
CVS is configured with that yp server..feel free to implement your own yp
server and add additional entries to <directory>..I think icecast2 supports
an arbitrary number of directories (within reason) :)
- you can browse the directory here-> http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/
- I still consider this all "under test"..so please help test it all out,
and identify any and all bugs.
- I've created a tarball and a win32 distribution and stuck them under
- if you are having any trouble, please turn on debugging (log level 4) in
icecast2 and look at the error logs...
<p>--- >8 ----
List archives: http://www.xiph.org/archives/
icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
To unsubscribe from this list, send a message to 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body. No subject is needed.
Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.
More information about the Icecast