[icecast] There are a solution ?

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Thu Dec 4 22:35:02 UTC 2003

I don't know if working with CVS and patches is such a good idea is
you have never done so before. I only have a quick-hack-solution that
might help you:

Stream from the sources to a machine with a (virtual) soundcard. Play
those streams on that machine, record the output audio again and sent
it back out. This is quite easy to do if you cross-connect line-in
and line-out on a simply soundcard ... it can be done within minutes.
But again: This is only a *quick* fix - since
decompression/compression might lower your soundquality considerably.

But maybe it helps you for now?

PS: Or could anybody send him a readily compiled version?

 Stefan