[icecast] Icecast in Macromedia Flash

Adam D. Ligas adam at physco.com
Wed Dec 3 21:45:53 UTC 2003

Hey guys,

Earlier in this thread Oddsock said that a player recieving metadata it did
not expect would most likely produce blips in the output.

Has anyone checked any of these network dumps to see if any metadata is being
sent?

A while back I reported difficulty with playing Icecast2 streams through my
TiVo.  I recently upgraded to Beta 1 and the problem still exists.  I don't
want to hijack this thread, but I am thinking that the two problems (Flash and
TiVo) might be related, if not the same.  For reference, here's a link to my
original issue.

http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast/5664.html

- Adam

Quoting assorgia at tin.it: