[icecast] Icecast in Macromedia Flash

Macsym macsym69 at yahoo.fr
Mon Dec 1 19:18:07 UTC 2003

Hi Adon,

Thanks for your interest in my project. I'll share everything as soon as I
get something working. I haven't any relevant clue about why it isn't
working for the moment, but I am going to work on that one week more. If I
can't get it working, I think I will use either Icecat1 or regular players
with Icecast2...
Yes, Flash works on MAC and Linux (but not Linux PPC) and is completely
corss platform. Unlike Java the EXACT same code will run on all platforms
because it doesn't depend of any JVM. The bad point is that Flash DOESN'T
support ogg; but as ogg is really a great format (definitely better than
mp3), we might expect ogg to be supported by flash one day.

MAX