[icecast] encrypted passwords in Icecast 2

pdl at sindominio.net pdl at sindominio.net
Wed Aug 27 11:29:25 UTC 2003

hello !
I've just installed the debian package icecast2 (I have the icecast 1.3.12
before) and I have a doubt about the passwords. In the icecast 1.3.* we
should use the mkpasswd for our pass and put the crypted output to
icecast.conf file.

Isn't possible in the icecast.xml file?? (perhaps is not necessaty, I
don't know). If this is so, can I change the permissions to this file to
something like 660 ?

Need the icecast user to read this file?

ok, thanks for all.

regards,

pau.