[icecast] Ogg streams on MacOSX

Matt Boersma matt at sprout.org
Mon Aug 11 17:22:26 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 10, 2003 at 02:31:40PM -0400, jared jennings wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 09:20:09PM -0400, Chris G (Moguta) wrote:
> > >I maintain such a page here:
> > >
> > >http://thebasement.org/sound/vorbis_info
> > >
> > >It's probably woefully incomplete.
> >
> > Well, there are only a few more, AFAIK:
> > - MacAmp [Mac]
> > http://www.subband.com/macamp/
> >
> > - Audion 3 [Mac]
> > http://www.panic.com/audion/
>
> doesn't mint audio play ogg streams too? http://mint.unsanity.com/
> it's not free, but neither is much of anything else for the mac. :P

Mint audio plays static ogg, not streamed, last time I checked.  Also,
has anyone actually gotten MacAMP or Audion 3 to actually play an ogg
stream from icecast2?  I've tried all of them recently, and Whamb is
still the only one that works in my experience.  Let's not lead Mac
users astray; it's frustrating enough not being able to use iTunes.

Matt