[icecast] Stream sycronisation and player skipping

Mr I konny at waitrose.com
Tue Aug 5 17:17:13 UTC 2003

Todd Poston wrote:

>Good Luck.  As mentioned before, this would be cool but not as simple,
>even in theory, as it sounds.
>
>You might be interested in this thread:
>http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast/4849.html
>http://www.xiph.org/archives/icecast/4853.html
>
>Let us know when its done! ;) heh

thanks for that Todd.
Reading Mike's reply in the latter thread it seems that the ogg
streaming protocol has built in time stamping.
Now I'm nowhere near an expert but why would this be hard to implement a
server / client solution.
Why would the player side be difficult? What are the factors?

Does that mean that you haven't worked out a work around Todd?