[icecast] yp dir listing

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Tue Aug 5 01:16:13 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 02:25, Arc wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 02:09:58AM +0100, Karl Heyes wrote:
> >
> > Who said that the protocol had changed, libshout still sent what it had
> > before and I don't in fact know when the protocol was last changed. So
> > saying it keeps changing is completely wrong. Also the YP servers don't
> > see this part anyway.
>
> I thought that you had said that they source-server protocol had changed
> in respect to YP.

No, I said there was a header mismatch, specifically ice-public: is what
everyone is expecting to send to announce on a YP directory but icecast2
was not even checking for that header. icecast2 was doing the inverse in
fact, assuming all streams are public unless told private.  I'm just
stating that the protocol hasn't changed as such, and hasn't been
subject to changes as you seemed to believe was the case.

> The problem that I stated was that Icecast2 is not announcing certain
> streams to the YP servers.  Some examples of streams that are not
> getting announced include:

yourself to resolve.  This is very unlikely to be related to the header
mismatch.

karl.