[icecast] yp dir listing

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Mon Aug 4 06:45:33 UTC 2003

On Mon, Aug 04, 2003 at 08:14:21AM +0200, Stefan Neufeind wrote:

> If your talking about a icecast2-yellowpages-procotol-docu: I had the
> same impression that there is no current docu available and wrote
> one. But as soon as I releaed it via mailinglist somebody pointed me
> to a "hidden" document by Oddsock. It's at:
> http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/spec.html
>
> Don't no why there is no link to it somewhere. Maybe because it's
> "not finished" yet. But I personally rate it quite helpful. Maybe it
> helps you also.

I origionally used this document, only to find that it had several flaws
in it and that the Icecast YP protocol was different from different
implementations.  IE, the bitrate field is both "b" and "bitrate", some
do one or the other while others give both, and the format that the
bitrate is given is not standardised either.

But this is not the issue on hand, the issue on hand is that Icecast2
isn't even notifying the YP CGI about streams being sent to it which are
clearly marked as "public".