[icecast] yp dir listing

Stefan Neufeind stefan at neufeind.net
Mon Aug 4 06:14:21 UTC 2003

On 4 Aug 2003 at 2:09, Karl Heyes wrote:

> On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 01:27, Arc wrote:
>
> > > There was a header mismatch, make sure that the icecast's used are
> > > recent enough first.
> >
> > I think the discussion needs to be opened as per setting a standard
> > and sticking with it.  It's not just Ices/Icecast anymore, if we
> > just had to sync their versions everytime a developer decided to
> > change the standard it'd be one thing, but darkice, oddsock, all the
> > various YP server implementations, etc etc etc all depend on this
> > standard.
> >
> > It's simply not fair to keep changing it, especially without
> > notifying the lists and/or posting something to the website about
> > it.
>
> Who said that the protocol had changed, libshout still sent what it
> had before and I don't in fact know when the protocol was last
> changed. So saying it keeps changing is completely wrong. Also the YP
> servers don't see this part anyway.
>
> Writing a spec for the icecast2 HTTP login would be a good idea
> though, the other logins IIRC are best guesses to what the other
> servers accept.

If your talking about a icecast2-yellowpages-procotol-docu: I had the
same impression that there is no current docu available and wrote
one. But as soon as I releaed it via mailinglist somebody pointed me
to a "hidden" document by Oddsock. It's at:
http://www.oddsock.org/icecast2yp/spec.html

Don't no why there is no link to it somewhere. Maybe because it's
"not finished" yet. But I personally rate it quite helpful. Maybe it
helps you also.

  Stefan