[icecast] yp dir listing

Karl Heyes karl at xiph.org
Mon Aug 4 01:09:58 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-04 at 01:27, Arc wrote:

> > There was a header mismatch, make sure that the icecast's used are
> > recent enough first.
>
> I think the discussion needs to be opened as per setting a standard and
> sticking with it.  It's not just Ices/Icecast anymore, if we just had to
> sync their versions everytime a developer decided to change the standard
> it'd be one thing, but darkice, oddsock, all the various YP server
> implementations, etc etc etc all depend on this standard.
>
> It's simply not fair to keep changing it, especially without notifying
> the lists and/or posting something to the website about it.

Who said that the protocol had changed, libshout still sent what it had
before and I don't in fact know when the protocol was last changed. So
saying it keeps changing is completely wrong. Also the YP servers don't
see this part anyway.

Writing a spec for the icecast2 HTTP login would be a good idea though,
the other logins IIRC are best guesses to what the other servers accept.

karl.