[icecast] yp dir listing

Arc arc at indymedia.org
Mon Aug 4 00:27:43 UTC 2003

On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 06:50:56PM +0100, Karl Heyes wrote:

> > We've been having a major problem with our icecast servers, some streams
> > are being sent to the YP servers and others are not, and yes the public
> > bit is set as confirmed by connecting to the streams directly and
> > looking at the headers they send.
>
> There was a header mismatch, make sure that the icecast's used are
> recent enough first.

I think the discussion needs to be opened as per setting a standard and
sticking with it.  It's not just Ices/Icecast anymore, if we just had to
sync their versions everytime a developer decided to change the standard
it'd be one thing, but darkice, oddsock, all the various YP server
implementations, etc etc etc all depend on this standard.

It's simply not fair to keep changing it, especially without notifying
the lists and/or posting something to the website about it.