[icecast] icecast and browsers

e b alibuuby at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 28 00:18:33 UTC 2003

Hello,

different browsers handle icecast2.

  I am administering an indymedia site (santa
cruz,ca.)
We are on a server which uses icecast2 but are having
different results when, for example, an mp3
(audio/mpeg) is played with IE6 vs. E5 etc., and
different OS's.(sometimes it streams, sometime it
doesn't).

  I have a user who is telling me this is a server
problem, not a client problem.

  Is there info on browser compatibility? Is there
perhaps a problem in what media players are on the
client computers and how they are configured?

 any info appreciated,
Elaine Beggelman

Do you Yahoo!?
http://search.yahoo.com