[icecast] ices problem with some mp3s -- update

Pritpaul Mahal psm321 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 22 06:57:01 UTC 2003

Hi everyone!

I just did some tests, and hopefully this information
will help someone figure out where the problem lies.

I made mp3s at 32, 40, 48, 56, 64, 80, and 96 kbps.
Each of those was done at 16, 22.05, 24, 32, 44.1, and
48 khz.

Everything worked for 22.5, 24, 44.2, and 48 khz.

16 khz and 32 khz did not work at 40, 48, 56, 80, and
96 kbps, but did work just fine at 32 kbps and 64
kbps.

I also tried streaming with oddcast dsp for winamp3 at
80 kbps, 32 khz and it worked fine... but it did seem
like it might have been doing VBR even though I
unchecked that option (it showed average bitrate of 79
kbps sometimes).

I think this is pointing towards some sort of problem
in ices or libshout, but again, i'm not really ggod at
figuring this kind of stuff out.

I really hope someone can use this info to help fix
the problem because I want to avoid having to reencode
all these mp3s :)

Thanks again!

--Pritpaul

Do you Yahoo!?