[icecast] Problem with streaming some mp3s (but not all)

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Sun Apr 20 20:37:56 UTC 2003

On Sun, 20 Apr 2003, Pritpaul Mahal wrote:

> So there is no way around having to re-encode them
> all?

Well, assuming my diagnosis is correct, it would appear not, at least for
now.  You could of course get ices to send them out without re-encoding,
thereby avoiding the decode/recode step, but all your files would have to
be the one format and of course this would be the format that people
received.  I would personally count the inability to handle 32000hz as a
bug, and if Brendan does too, there's every likelyhood that it'll get fixed
in time.

Geoff.