[icecast] cannot get icecast and ices to talk...authenticationfailed

Eric L. Brown eric at jyates.net
Sat Apr 5 06:47:46 UTC 2003

I just tried with no mountpoint information, and I get the same results,
icecast is still not accepting 'SOURCE hackme' as the first header, it
only wants the password (verified by telneting in).

So, how to I recompile libshout2 into the ices2beta?  It doesn't want to
take the command-line param, or the in.so.conf file setting (or the LIBDIR
evn variable)...

Or, can someone give me a knwon working ices.conf (ices 0.2.3) and
icecast.xml (ver 2) to test with?

Or, is there a better streamer that uses the command line?  It's tempting
to go back to shoutcast, but I'm really interested in getting icecast to
work based on the feedback I've read about it!!

Help!?
Eric