[icecast] compile error

David Correa tech at linux-tech.com
Wed Apr 2 18:28:52 UTC 2003

On Wed, Apr 02, 2003 at 10:59:00AM -0700, Kerry Cox wrote:
> The docs are only as
> good as the feedback given.
> Best of luck.
> KJ
Pax,

Also, you might want to mention the compatibility
issues between icecast2 and shout.

I will test again when i get a chance, i am almost
sure that i compiled first icecast2 (from the port)
and that server_info said "Using crypt" (this was a
few days ago ). I am sure Mike knows his stuff inside out.
Is not my intention to contradict him, only to share
a newbe experience.

The message i got from the server and shout was bad passwd.
I used google to search and this is when i found out
about encrypted passwords, and your how-to.

On the icecast mail list archives, there is a tread
with deals with the encrypted passwd issues. There i read
about using crypt to generate the passwds, checking for
extra chars, and other stuff. No mention of the compatibility
problem with shout and icecast2 with respect to passwords or
anything else, except that it was an old program (not maintained).

Best Regards,
Network Engineer
Key fingerprint 7F2C E072 479D 71B4 008B 373E A284 8CDE 7659 F5D8