[icecast] ices2 compile error, ignore previous msg

Jesper Johnson jesper.johnson at welho.com
Mon Sep 30 15:23:47 UTC 2002

Oops!

I accidently sent the previous message before I finished it, sorry!

However, the problem remains the same. I cannot succesfully compile ices2 for
some reason. I've followed some instructions I found on the web at
http://www.6809.org.uk/kja3/ices2-howto.shtml.

So far, what I've done is:
1) Installation of Slackware 8.1 (with libxml2 2.4.22, gcc 2.95.3)
2) Update of the oggutils package (which includes libogg & libvorbis 1.0)
3) Installed libshout-2.0
4) Got ices2 from xiph CVS (cvs -d
:pserver:anoncvs at xiph.org:/usr/local/cvsroot -z3 co ices)
5) ./autogen (which runs successfully -- finds vorbis, shout, libxml...)
6) ...and the make process ends with the following errors:

In file included from input.c:29:
input.h:34: parse error before `shout_t'
input.h:34: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
input.h:36: parse error before `}'
input.h:36: warning: data definition has no type or storage class
input.c: In function `input_loop':
input.c:263: `arg' undeclared (first use in this function)
input.c:263: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
input.c:263: for each function it appears in.)
make[2]: *** [input.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ices/src'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/ices/src'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Does anyone have a clue why I'm getting these errors? Am I missing some
libraries or is there something I've done the wrong way here?

I'd appreciate any help -- I really look forward to experimenting with
ices2/icecast2. Thanks in advance!