[icecast] <fileserve>

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Tue Sep 17 07:43:21 UTC 2002

At 01:56 PM 9/16/02 -0600, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>While digging through the icecast2 xml configuration I noticed the
>option <fileserve>1</fileserve>.  From what I could tell this is a
>totally undocumented feature and was wondering what exactly it was
>used for.

Most features are totally undocumented at the moment. I'm deep into
the final couple of months of my undergrad degree, and buried under
everything, so I haven't had time to write documentation. I've been
hoping for contributions (hint!). Anyway, <fileserve> enables basic
web-server functionality. There's no real need for this rather than
a normal web server, but many people asked for this feature, and so
I added it. It serves files from the <webroot> directory, unless an
existing stream takes precendence. It's also designed for speed, so
it should be friendly to cpu usage even for many connected clients.

Mike