[icecast] <fileserve>

Moritz Grimm gtgbr at gmx.net
Mon Sep 16 23:28:33 UTC 2002

Colin Faber wrote:
> While digging through the icecast2 xml configuration I noticed the
> option <fileserve>1</fileserve>.  From what I could tell this is a
> totally undocumented feature and was wondering what exactly it was
> used for.

It tells Icecast2 to allow serving non-.xsl files from its <webroot>
subdirectory (the one where status.xsl resides). A file
/path/to/<basedir>/<webroot>/test.ogg can be streamed on demand, it
would be accessible via http://host:port/test.ogg then. This is basic
web server functionality, so you don't need a separate Apache to stream
on demand/offer downloads.