[icecast] winamp >2.75 -answer on song titles // use_meta_data-

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Fri Sep 13 22:35:07 UTC 2002

also, keep in mind that support for streaming song titles is also a
function of the source client you use....

I've been very successful with use_meta_data=1 and using either my DSP
source (oddcast) or the Shoutcast DSP source....

and you can always know for sure if song titles are supported on your
server by looking at the HTTP response headers from a request of the
stream, (your request MUST contain Icy-MetaData:1 otherwise the server will
never send you the metadata which is where song titles are stored....as far
as I know, most winamp versions 2.7 and above, send this when attaching to
a stream...this may not help you, but is at least information that may help...

oddsock