[icecast] ices - cpu cycles - re encodig

Richard richard at freespeech.org
Tue Oct 29 18:42:15 UTC 2002

I'm doing a top on my server (ices2 and icecast2 from CVS) and ices is
using 14% of my cpu cycles - bastard!  One channel is doing reencoing
and when I just play an ogg without reencoding. The ogg file was
encoded at 64kbs 44khz

<!-- Dial up connections stream  -->
                <instance>
                        <hostname>**********</hostname>
                        <port>8000</port>
                        <password>*********</password>
                        <mount>/lowbandwidth.ogg</mount>

                <encode>
                       <nominal-bitrate>16000</nominal-bitrate>
                       <samplerate>11000</samplerate>
                       <channels>1</channels>
                </encode>
                </instance>