[icecast] Re: The LPBN radio station.

Raymond rsteding at tecwise.com
Tue Oct 29 16:43:46 UTC 2002

Hello Adam:

I checked it out. It is cool and that is probabaly what I would like to
impress drug crazed yet very talented musicians with. I'll get back to
you with what the front end is to do.
I have a bulletin board on the LPBN called radiostation that has some
notes up. My friend Stephen Provizer the Allston Curmudgeon covers all
the latest proceedings of DMCA/RIAA/CARP by discussing the issues with
top Internet music sites and legal authorities. That may be of interest
to you. I'm preparing a form of media/music that will likely take over
the music industry by making available the millions of different types
of music to the millions of different types of music listeners. I
beleive that a huge pool of music should be made available to the public
vs the current control/limit access model used by the record labels. I
also think that when the local bands have more access than the
controlled media bands the entire music industry will change forever. My
goal is to provide as much public access to local musicians as possible.
I'm starting with Los Angeles.

Today's AC show is listed below.

Allston Curmudgeon, Tuesday, October 29, 6-7 PM.
Allston-Brighton Free Radio
Local Broadcast: 1670 AM
Webcast: http://www.abfreeradio.org

S.G. Provizer talks with Michael Papish, CEO of Media Unbound. Papish
has long been involved in several aspects of on-line digital music:
distribution, regulation,rate-setting...He will take us back to the
mid-90's and show how the groundwork was laid for passage of the Digital
Millenium Copyright Act and bring us up to speed on current activity.

SInce his organization, Media Unbound, claims to provide "...a
breakthrough in accurately and conveniently personalizing digital
music," we will discuss what filters or conduits have traditionally been
used to provide information about music, how that's changing and whether
there are parallels to the delivery of news.

You are invited to offer your comments during the show:
Instant messaging: abfree1670
Call-in line: 617-254-2728

Rebroadcast locally on WJIB 740 AM on Sunday, November 3 at 10:30 PM.

A-B Free Radio Archives: http://www.lpbn.org look under Allston
Curmudgeon.
http://www.lpbn.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=index&catid=&topic=7

Raymond