[icecast] Ices dies unexpectedly!!!

Chris Parrinello chrisp at chrispy.net
Tue Oct 15 17:20:38 UTC 2002

Virágh Barnabás wrote:
> Hello!

> What can be found in the Icecasr.log? :
> [15/Oct/2002:15:48:51] [1:Calendar Thread] WARNING: Connect to
> yp.icecast.org failed.

> So what the hell could be done? Is there any way of work around?
>
> BHS
>
> ps.:
> Sorry for the long email...

In this case, I just end up removing yp.icecast.org from the list of
directory servers until yp.icecast.org stablizes. Of course if icecast
is in this bad state, you usually get a "Directory removal failed."
message from icecast so you have to remove the directory server entry
from the icecast.conf file and then restart icecast.

This is a common problem that icecast seems to have the hardest time
handling. Hopefully it is fixed in icecast2.

Chris