[icecast] directory servers

Dave St John dstjohn at mediacast1.com
Sat Nov 23 01:09:03 UTC 2002

> Do you know if there's a spec for the protocol used here?
Im the main developer for casterclub, the current directory structure is not
a live yp dir, but can easily be accomlished.
I use a simple proto for castit live interaction using the CURL LIB that
oddsock implemented.

I talked to oddsock about this as well, and came up with the idea to use the
CURL Lib to make the url calls, writing the php/mysql side for it would be
very easy.

Simply picking up the vars from the icecast2 server much like the old
protocall icecast1 used, but nonetheless more stable and the ability for a
broader codescape, for the icecast2 server.

All i realy need is the url call the server will use
i.e.
/touch.php?srvid=1&st=FatTunes&br=56&$fr=ogg&$cs=Beatles20%Cant20%Buy20%Me20
%Love&lc=Myhome
Etc....you get the picture tho.
I heard Jack was thinking of ldap?? Not sure if that would be an easy task.

Dave St John
Mediacast1 Administration
(720) 641-7586