[icecast] NEWBIE QUESTION - ERROR [BAD PASSWORD]

Mitchell Smith mjs at blitztechnology.net
Wed Nov 20 14:30:48 UTC 2002

The Debian Icecast server is compiled with password crypt support, which
means you can't put the password in in cleartext.  You will have to

apt-get install makepasswd

and do something like

echo "password" > passwd.tmp
makepassword --crypt --clearfrom=passwd.tmp

and paste the encrypted password in to your icecast.conf file.

Hope this helps.