[icecast] icecast to rebound streaming radio

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Wed Nov 20 03:03:13 UTC 2002

On Tue, 19 Nov 2002, Stuardo Rodriguez wrote:

> > As for how, this depends on whether you're wanting to use icecast 1.x or
> > icecast 2.  Let us know and one of us will be able to walk you through it.
> >
> > Geoff.
>
> I don't really care if it is icecast 1 or 2 ...

OK then, let me ask this way.  Do you want to stream in MP3 or Ogg Vorbis?
If you want to stream vorbis, you'll want icecast2 from the xiph.org CVS
repository.  There is an example of how to relay in the conf file that's
there, and a fuller explanation of it was posted to the list I think but I
can't seem to find it.  If you want to settle for MP3, you'd best use
icecast 1.3.12 and I'm pretty sure it's explained in the manual.html file.

Geoff.