[icecast] icecast to rebound streaming radio

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Nov 18 23:23:57 UTC 2002

On Mon, 18 Nov 2002, Stuardo Rodriguez wrote:

> What we want to do is this: to stream the local radio from Guatemala to USA,
> this means that the local machine will only have 1 client. Then we want that
> the server in USA "rebounds" what it recives from Guatemala. Then, the server
> in USA could have many clients..
>
> is it posible with icecast?  how do i do it?

It is possible, yes.  However, you may want to consider not using a server
at your end, since having a server for only one client seems a bit wasteful
to me.  You could simply connect your source to the US-based server.  But I
guess you have your reasons for doing it the way you described above.

As for how, this depends on whether you're wanting to use icecast 1.x or
icecast 2.  Let us know and one of us will be able to walk you through it.

Geoff.