[icecast] Re [ogg]

Raymond rsteding at tecwise.com
Wed Nov 13 06:19:56 UTC 2002

Does Apache stream ogg/vorbis format files?
For instance I use icecast to stream because of the quality and its
dependability in maintaining a connection druing playing.
Like with mp3 files and icecast I can have many many files available as
links that open nicely into a player like WinAmp or real or xmms.
If Apache streams ogg/vobis I'll certianly use it but I didn't think it
had that capability. When I click on an ogg/vorbis file link in an
Apache web directory the damn thing just tries to download. For
downloads I always use Apache but maybe they have come out with a
streaming ogg/vorbis Apache server.

Raymond