[icecast] Freedomaudio player

Geoff Shang gshang at uq.net.au
Mon Nov 11 10:51:01 UTC 2002

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Leo Currie wrote:

> Got Icecast2 running on Redhat8 with IceS2 as a source, streaming some OGG
> files. All works nicely (not _especially_ reliable :)

Do you have any reliability issues other than what you've mentioned?  for
the most part, I've found ices and icecast to be pretty stable.

> but it seems to lock
> up the Freedomaudio java player between tracks.
> Everytime a new file begins, the player stops and says 'Loading'.
> I'm wondering if it's somehthing to do with metadata -

Sounds like it doesn't like chained ogg streams.

> is there a way of disabling metadata from IceS2? (i.e. just the track
> title changes?)

Not that I know of.  Besides, this is meant to work properly, so that
player mustn't be compliant.

> Works fine in Winamp - does IceS2 actually disconnect the source between
> tracks though?

No.

> Finally, can anyone suggest a source client that does wot IceS2 does, but
> that can 'crossfade' ogg tracks? Preferrably with scriptable playlists :)

Not that I've come across.  I know of one that's not yet released that has
a bunch of neat features, including all this and more.

Geoff.