[icecast] icecast + liveice won't play nicely

Ben Timby btimby_indy at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 9 17:59:14 UTC 2002

Michael, I think you are right. However, I cannot
successfully download and install icecast from
icecast.org. When I do so, gzip complains:

 --
bash-2.05a$ tar fxz icecast-1.3.12.tar.gz

gzip: stdin: not in gzip format
tar: child returned status 1
 --

Is the distro corrupt? or am I missing something?

Is there a way to generate the crypted passwords? I
could not get makepasswd.c to compile as it needs libs
from the distro. Help!

Ben Timby.

> At 08:21 PM 6/11/2002 -0800, you wrote:
> >I have gotten icecast and live ice both up and
> >running, but I cannot get them to play nicely
> >together. I have the following in my configs:
> >

> You've probably configured/installed icecast with
> crypted password support.
> Don't do that.
>
> Michael

> 'icecast-request at xiph.org'
> containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.
> No subject is needed.
> Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be
ignored/filtered.

Do you Yahoo!?
http://launch.yahoo.com/u2