[icecast] Info on Icecast/Shoutcast

CM Miller cmmiller1973 at yahoo.com
Thu May 30 15:32:04 UTC 2002

I've been lurkin' for awhile and reading up on stuff
out there on the web.

But, do you really need to have Shoutcast in order to
run Icecast?  I've looked thru the icecast.config file
and looks like you can set a path you MP3 directory,
correct?

Also, I'm able to manage the icecast server from a web
browser correct.  I entered in
http://phoenix.miller.com:8000 and it brought up a
html interface but I wasn't sure how to run those
command, or could I run them from a terminal session
window in Redhat?

I'm going to try and broadcast later this week, and I
may have to post on this list again if I have any more
questions/problems.

thanks

-Chris

=====