[icecast] Multiple Instances are Crashing

oddsock oddsock at oddsock.org
Mon May 20 13:32:27 UTC 2002

At 12:48 PM 5/20/2002 +0100, you wrote:

>---
>Trying to run two icecast makes no sense (especially as by default icecast
>does not let you) since you can configure 1 to bind to multiple ports.
>
>so the solution is to use to port configuration option. Bearing in mind
>what everyone else has said on this thread.
>
>Although I might be incorrect as no one has helped me with my problem ;)

the original poster said that they wanted different config files for each
server instance.  There are some reasons for this I guess, i.e. one server
private and one server public, or other such things...but for most people,
using a single server, but utilizing multiple mount points is sufficient to
run 2 stations.  Most people I talk to are suprized that icecast supports
multiple stations via mountpoints with a single server...I believe this has
to do with too much shoutcast on the brain....

anyway, having said all that, you should still be able to start multiple
icecast processes each with it's own config.  Can the original poster
provide exactly how each icecast process is being started and include any
messages that are generated ?

oddsock