[icecast] what's the plans for the website :-)

Nicolae enigmax at netzero.com
Sun May 19 20:14:43 UTC 2002

I've had a server co-located which I would've dedicated it
and given admin access for beta testers, right now i am
giving it back.  I am / was running shoutcast for few more
days.

It is very easy to install Ikonboard as a FORUM or vBulletin
or phpBulletin or something where you can get some action
and have some people stay on the site.  I've installed bunch
of those.  Have specific installation and detailed help.

Have print-screens or socal "screenshots" becaues people
love them now thesedays.  They want to see stuff before
they download.

I had an issue awhile back installing ChiliSoft ASP with
myODBC and UltraDev stuff.. (out of subject) but I took
Camtasia Recorder program, recorded and documented the
installation and the way to connect to database from unix
to windows and work on ASp code.  That'd be awesome and
it only took me 15 minutes.

Shoutcast... ou my.. that took me 2 minutes to install it.
After 1 hour of reading and researching on IceCast I gave up.

I have shell access not GUI access and lots of features
on IceCast I can't use.  I want the Server mode like shoutcast
has...

I noticed that RealPlayer plays shoutcast streams along with
mp3 players but not with MEDIA Player. (lame a** M$).

--
Daniel
www.mp3bynet.com