[icecast] Trying to compile ices under FreeBSD

Alex Gutteridge a.gutteridge at cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Sun Mar 31 23:06:57 UTC 2002

Luiz Claudio Duarte wrote:

>Also sprach Alex Gutteridge:
>
>>>Aha! That did the trick. Thanks, I'll be testing it presently. But why
>>>can't configure find the lame, shout and python libraries (all under
>>>/usr/local/lib), even with explicit directives for them?
>>>
>>I had the same problem with the ices configure script not finding lame
>>and perl. I found that running configure with cache set to /dev/null (I
>>think the flag is --use-cache=/dev/null or something) allowed it to find
>>lame but I've still yet to get perl working with it.
>>

>Yes, it worked same way here too. Funny the script couldn't find the
>python libraries, though, even when pointed right at them. But at least
>lame got through.

Just to follow this up - I've now got Perl working with ices. It
requires the shared perl libraries i.e. libperl.so not libperl.a (fairly
obviously) the default install on my Debian system had the static
library and so I had to reinstall perl from source. This may or may not
be your problem with Python, but I guess it's worth checking.

AlexG