[icecast] gen-mpegurl.m3u source/making a clean weblink to broadcast

icecast at chile.junglevision.com icecast at chile.junglevision.com
Sat Mar 30 02:52:39 UTC 2002

Thanks guys, this is exactly what I was looking for.  Now, all
I have to do is figure out how to start icecast and liveice
cleanly when the machine cycles power.

I tried just naively sticking

/usr/local/icecast/bin/icecast &
/usr/local/icecast/bin/liveice &

into rc.local, but something weird happens.  It just loops
on a message 'you can run but you can't hide' over and
over again.  What is the, like, err, 'official' way
to do this.

Cathryn (I use a seperate email for each mail list I subscribe
to, so that's the reason for being icecast at chile.junglevision.com)