[icecast] Metadata once more...with Ices

Cédric Mallet malletc3 at cti.ecp.fr
Thu Mar 28 16:12:01 PST 2002

jeudi 28 mars 2002, 18:50:01, Brendan Cully a écrit :
> I haven't kept your original posts, so I don't know if you've already
> given this information, but I'd like to see your ices config file. If
> you're using a playlist script I'd like to see the ices_get_metadata
> function (if you've written one). Also, run ices in debug mode and it
> should show the title information it's sending to icecast for each
> track.

Here is everything you need :

     Ices.conf :

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<ices:Configuration xmlns:ices="http://www.icecast.org/projects/ices">

   <!-- The name of the dumpfile on the server for your stream. DO NOT set
         this unless you know what you're doing.
    <Dumpfile>ices.dump</Dumpfile>  -->

    <Name>RadioPI - Rediffusions par IceS</Name>
    <Genre>Cool ices genre from XML</Genre>
    <Description>Cool ices description from XML</Description>
    <URL>Cool ices URL from XML</URL>

use MP3::Info;
sub ices_get_metadata {
        my $tag = get_mp3tag("$mp3");
        my $title = $tag->{TITLE};
        my $artist = $tag->{ARTIST};
        my $id = $mp3;

        if ( ($title eq "") || ($artist eq "") ) {

        # A few ugly operations to get the name of the song from the file name...
        # I know there must be something nicer, but it works :)

                $id =~ s#.mp3##g;
        else {
                $id = "$artist - $title";
#               print "Id OK\n";