[icecast] Newbie playing with php

Bolt Thrower tyr at teiresias.net
Fri Mar 29 19:17:14 UTC 2002

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 03:19:49PM -0300, Luiz Claudio Duarte wrote:

> Ok. I'm using shout and not ices (I couldn't get it to compile; I'm
> using FreeBSD and can't code C worth a damn), so the second approach
> will not work. But I can write a parsing script (I had'n thought of
> the cue file), so I'll be trying that.

Yeah, I should have mentioned that those suggestions assumed you
were running ices.  I'm not familiar with shout, so I can't offer
any suggestions for that.  But one kludgey approach would be to
periodically run lsof on the shout server, and do some grepping for
known strings corresponding to your MP3s.  That will tell you what MP3
files are being accessed by what processes.  From there you can pick
out the ones that the shout server has open, then in your PHP script,
pull ID3 tags from those MP3s and display the info on your web page.

--
Steve Chadsey <tyr at teiresias.net>
Now playing: Road of Kings