[icecast] Metadata once more...with Ices

Brendan Cully brendan at icecast.org
Thu Mar 28 17:50:01 UTC 2002

On Thursday, 28 March 2002 at 05:05, Cédric Mallet wrote:
> dimanche 24 mars 2002, 21:42:54, Brendan Cully a écrit :
>
> >> I also had strange results when commenting this function  (in that case
> >> it is supposed to stream the name of the song, by reading the IdTag). With
> >> Winamp, I didn't get anything ("unnamned"), with XMMS, I had the proper
> >> name, with "unnamned" written after it, and it only worked properly with
> >> Freeamp...
>
> > This is likely because you're only using UDP for metadata updates. Check
> > the setting of use_meta_data in icecast.conf.
>
> This settings is activated. In fact the problem seems to come from IceS
> itself, since Liveice works perfectly on the same system : no "unnamned"
> mention added, stream name available and song names updated regularly...
> With ices I do not even have the stream name in IceCast.
> I did not find anything related to the streaming in ices.conf (neither anywhere else by the way).
>
> Any idea would be really appreciated...

I haven't kept your original posts, so I don't know if you've already
given this information, but I'd like to see your ices config file. If
you're using a playlist script I'd like to see the ices_get_metadata
function (if you've written one). Also, run ices in debug mode and it
should show the title information it's sending to icecast for each
track.

Needless to say, ices streams metadata perfectly for my radio
application...

thanks,
-b