[icecast] Metadata once more...with Ices

Cédric Mallet malletc3 at cti.ecp.fr
Thu Mar 28 04:05:09 UTC 2002

dimanche 24 mars 2002, 21:42:54, Brendan Cully a écrit :

>> I also had strange results when commenting this function  (in that case
>> it is supposed to stream the name of the song, by reading the IdTag). With
>> Winamp, I didn't get anything ("unnamned"), with XMMS, I had the proper
>> name, with "unnamned" written after it, and it only worked properly with
>> Freeamp...

> This is likely because you're only using UDP for metadata updates. Check
> the setting of use_meta_data in icecast.conf.

This settings is activated. In fact the problem seems to come from IceS
itself, since Liveice works perfectly on the same system : no "unnamned"
mention added, stream name available and song names updated regularly...
With ices I do not even have the stream name in IceCast.
I did not find anything related to the streaming in ices.conf (neither anywhere else by the way).

Any idea would be really appreciated...

--
Ced