[icecast] metadata update in the stream

Akos Maroy darkeye at tyrell.hu
Tue Mar 26 15:59:36 UTC 2002

Brendan Cully wrote:
> See the libshout function shout_update_metadata (also see metadata.c in
> the ices src). This function just calls up the icecast/shoutcast server
> and issues a GET request in a particular format. It can be called any
> time.

It took me a while to look into it. I looked at libshout in ices-0.2.2,
and at the icecast 1.3.11 source.

What I found is that you can set the "song title" and "stream message"
properties of the stream. But xmms displays the "description" of the
stream, and does not seem to bother about the "song title" or "stream
message".

Is this functionality as intneded? How can I change what gets displayed
by the client? (E.g. the "description" of the stream, or make the client
care about the "song title" or the "stream message")