[icecast] ices (CVS) seg faults.

Michael Smith msmith at labyrinth.net.au
Fri Mar 22 12:36:39 UTC 2002

At 01:07 PM 3/22/02 +0200, you wrote:
>With bitrate management ices segfaults when using a samplerate different
>from 44100.
>But works with VBR (quality setting) works no matter what sample rate I
>choose .
>
>[root at sanctuar ices]# ./ices ices-live.xml
>[2002-03-22  12:51:23] INFO ices-core/main ices started...
>[2002-03-22  12:51:23] INFO input-oss/oss_open_module Opened audio
>device /dev/dsp at 1 channel(s), 22050 Hz
>[2002-03-22  12:51:23] INFO encode/encode_initialise Encoder
>initialising with bitrate management: 1 channels, 22050 Hz, minimum
>bitrate -1, nominal 128000, maximum -1
>Segmentation fault

Known problem - it's not MEANT to work, but it's meant to give a
proper error message instead of crashing.

This is already fixed in the rewrite (it's in a branch in CVS, but
I don't think it's fully functional right now - branch-beta2-rewrite,
if you're interested).

I was going to try and finish off the rewrite and merge back to
head this weekend.

Thanks for the bug report.

Michael