[icecast] download the file instead of stream it

Darijo darijo at kite-online.net
Sat Mar 16 06:50:43 UTC 2002

how come if I run a stream from my icecast and I access my server from a
browser (like internet explorer) on port 8000 it starts to download the
whole stream instead of play it as a stream.

like this, I type this http://192.168.0.254:8000/ices it starts to
download and say it will download like 57mb but if I typ same url in my
winamp it starts tp play the stream. And if I try the same from someone
else mp3 stream, then it works fine.

Let's say I play a playlist with ices that's called kite.pls and in my
ices.conf I use the default mountpoin (that's ices) and the dumpfile is
ices.dump, and my address to the server is 192.168.0.254.. now I wonder
what is the url to that site is it
http://192.168.0.254:8000/ices/kite.pls or?

Would be cool to get this thing going.

thanx