[icecast] ices and libshout.so.1

Jack Moffitt jack at xiph.org
Sat Mar 16 00:54:53 UTC 2002

> can install or reinstall it mayne?
>
> >>Did you run ldconfig?
> When I do a ldconfig I get this back in return
> " ldconfig: /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 is not a symbolic link"
>
> >>Is the directory where you installed the library in /etc/ld.so.conf or
> >>in LD_LIBRARY_PATH?
> I don't know if I have libshout installed, how can I check thet?

You can't use ices without libshout.  Get, compile, and install libshout
(ices probably has this included) in the 'libshout' directory.

Apparently you messed up the libmp3lame installation or the script
messed upt he links.  /usr/lib/libmp3lame.so.0 is probably a dead link
and can be deleted.  the ldconfig should run fine.

jack.