[icecast] Looking for a client to feed Icecast

adam adam at xs4all.nl
Sun Mar 3 11:30:34 UTC 2002

oddcast from oddsock.org works really well. Make sure you have chosen the
'adv record' option if you want line-in.

also make sure your mount point in the config has a '/' before it else it
wont work

I have been using oddsock 24/7 for over a month on a slow mmx and it just
keeps going (hasnt stopped once).

The added cool part, is that if your connection goes offline for any
reason oddcast keeps trying to reconnect until its successful which has
been a life saver in my situation.

fyi my stream is at:
http://www.radioqualia.net/freeradiolinux

> Todd --
>
> I was actually able to get this working with the WinAmp plugin, Oddsock
> (www.oddsock.org) last night.  The configuration is a little twitchy, but
> worked well for my purpose.  Email me directly if you need help.
>
> Roy
>
> At 09:17 PM 03/02/02 -0500, you wrote:
> >Would like to use a Windows client with a line-in processor to
> >feed an icecast server.  Have tried Winamp, but could not get the
> >plugin recommended in this forum to work.  Looked at the Sonique site,
> >and could not find plugins that would do line-in and server out.
> >Any recommendataions?
> >
> >Todd Merriman
> >www.rainbowradio.com
> >
> >--- >8 ----
> >icecast project homepage: http://www.icecast.org/
> >containing only the word 'unsubscribe' in the body.  No subject is needed.
> >Unsubscribe messages sent to the list will be ignored/filtered.

XS4ALL Internet B.V.
mobile : + (31) 06 2903 6248

Eekholt 42
1112 XH