[icecast] few questions about icecast/ices

Arto Kitula azo at tripnotic.org
Wed Jun 26 18:33:50 UTC 2002

On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 08:22:18PM +0200, Thomas Gutzler wrote:
> > On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 10:08:20AM +0200, Thomas Gutzler wrote:
> >
> > > Can I force a special streamer "foo" always to be heard on a specified
> > > mounpoint "/bar" ?
> >
> > Please rephrase the question im not sure i understand?
>
> OK. Theres a DJ "Foo" feeding my server. "Foo" only plays Pop. What I want
> is:
> If DJ "Foo" connects to my server, he is available at
> http://myserver/pop and NOT (only) at http://myserver/icy_0 (or _1, or _2).

Tell him to use proper plugin to stream =)

There is no actually good way to do that, because incoming shout streams
mountpoints are named in the order that streams connect.
I did this by connecting my source streams in order, first 128k then 56k and
24k.
then i did aliases /hi /med /lo
point to /icy_0, /icy_1 and /icy_2

> Which streams ? From or To my server ?
> If feeding with winamp and this Shoutcast-Plugin I can specify a password
> but no user. I figured out, that this password has to be the "encoder_password"
> from the icecast.conf. I thought it's possible to use different passwords to
> access different mountpoints but this seems to be wrong.

From. Encoder password is different thing.