[icecast] few questions about icecast/ices

Thomas Gutzler giggel at hadiko.de
Wed Jun 26 18:22:18 UTC 2002

Am Wed, 26.Jun.2002 um 10:31:43 +0200 schraubte Thomas Kirk:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 10:08:20AM +0200, Thomas Gutzler wrote:
>
> > Can I force a special streamer "foo" always to be heard on a specified
> > mounpoint "/bar" ?
>
> Please rephrase the question im not sure i understand?

OK. Theres a DJ "Foo" feeding my server. "Foo" only plays Pop. What I want
is:
If DJ "Foo" connects to my server, he is available at
http://myserver/pop and NOT (only) at http://myserver/icy_0 (or _1, or _2).

> > I found the users.aut, groups.aut and mounts.aut but I'm not really sure
> > what they do, or if they do something at all ..
>
> They do. They are meant to be used for password protection the
> streams.

Which streams ? From or To my server ?
If feeding with winamp and this Shoutcast-Plugin I can specify a password
but no user. I figured out, that this password has to be the "encoder_password"
from the icecast.conf. I thought it's possible to use different passwords to
access different mountpoints but this seems to be wrong.

> You can even use them to protect your webadmininterface like
> /list.cgi etc :)

At this time I would be happy to see them not protected :)

Thomas